The POEA is the agency that handles the licensing and regulation of all recruitment agencies in the country. In order to verify the status of the recruitment agency if they are valid or not, POEA has an online service so you can check the status of the agency by yourself.
The POEA has set certain criteria that a recruitment agency must adhere to before it is recognized as an active agency that can operate legally within the country. Recruitment agencies are required to submit certain documents which will serve as their bond of integrity with the POEA.
Table of Contents
Illegal recruiters are everywhere and they are lurking anywhere. They are grabbing every chance they’ve got to get money by scamming our fellow Filipinos who are hoping of going abroad.
To avoid being a victim of illegal recruitment, the POEA devised a plan to disseminate information about illegal recruitment. POEA online services include ‘Verification of Status of Recruitment Agencies’ to equip OFWs and aspiring OFWs with knowledge about legit agencies.
There are many ways to ensure that an agency is legal. One of them is the online Verification of Status of Agencies.
What is Online Verification of Status of Recruitment Agencies?
The ‘Verification of Status of Recruitment Agencies’ is a service provided by POEA online for the purpose of checking the validity of an agency. The provided information by the site is the following: the name of the agency, address, contact number, email address, official representative, status, and license validity.
Here are the benefits provided by this online service.
- Time saver
- Energy saving
- Information about the agencies
- Easy to access
The requirements for availing of this online service are the following:
- Mobile phone or desktop
- Internet connection
This is open for all:
- Filipinos finding an agency to work abroad
- Who are planning to be an OFW
- Whose family member or acquaintance are planning to work abroad
How to Verify the Status of Recruitment Agencies
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to verify the status of the recruitment agency using POEA’s online service.
1. Visit the POEA’s website and click ‘Online Services’. Under the ‘Online Services’ select ‘Verification of Status of Recruitment Agencies’. You can also click this link to redirect you to the site(https://www.poea.gov.ph/cgi-bin/agList.asp?mode=allLB).
2. A new page will appear that shows a search toolbar. You can enter the name of the agency you’ve been applying for. You can also select which category the agency belongs to.
There are six categories of agencies and these are the following: ALL AGENCIES, ALL LANDBASED RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, ALL MANNING AGENCIES, ALL AGENCIES WITH VALID LICENSE, LANDBASED RECRUITMENT AGENCIES WITH VALID LICENSE, and ALL MANNING AGENCIES WITH VALID LICENSE. Then, click ‘Search’.
3. After you’ve clicked ‘Search’, results will be shown which includes the information about the agencies. The information includes the agency’s name, address, contact number, email address, official representative, status, and license validity.
Video: Verification of Status of Recruitment Agencies
Here is the video with a detailed step-by-step guide on how to verify the Status of your Recruitment using the POEA’s online system.
This video shows
- How to access the site
- How to search for the agency
- Shows the site interface
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have other inquiries about the verification of the status of agencies, please check out the following FAQs for your reference.
1. What should I do if I cannot find my agency on the list?
You are dealing with an illegal recruiter if there were no results from the search. To make sure, contact the POEA’s hotline number (722-11-44/ 722-11-55) or send email (email@example.com) to verify the agency you are dealing with.
2. What is the meaning of Delisted besides an agency’s information?
The agency was removed from the official list of agencies by POEA.
3. How about the Cancelled?
The agency’s license was cancelled by the POEA for violations.
4. What about the Denied Renewal?
The agency was not given permission to renew their contracts and license
5. What should I do if I find my agency on the list but the license is already expired?
Contact POEA’s hotline. You can also send email to them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Who may avail of the service?
Aside from POEA licensees, this is one way for a person to know if a recruitment agency is trustworthy or not. OFWs and those who want to work abroad may also request for a Verification of Status of Agencies from online sites.
Nowadays, it is hard to trust anyone, especially with your recruitment and looking for jobs. There are some who will put you into a dangerous situation just to earn money. Illegal recruiters present themselves as trustworthy individual. So, be careful of who you’re dealing with.
This online service is very helpful in ensuring our safety as an OFW since we can search and see for ourselves if we are dealing with a legal agency. There will be no one to misdirect our fellow Filipinos and there will be lesser opportunities for illegal recruiters to fool an aspiring OFW.