Looking for a job abroad? Not sure if the job is legal? Afraid of being a victim of illegal recruitment? Then, check the POEA’s verification of job order service online to verify the legitimacy of the job order you received from your foreign employer.
Job orders are important documents for employment. A job order is a written request from an employer seeking to engage the services of a job seeker in some work, which must be specifically stated in the employment contract. Verifying the authenticity of your foreign employer will give you peace of mind that your documents are legal and that you will not become an illegal
POEA has an online service that you can access anytime at any place. This is the Verification of the Agency’s Job Orders. It is also one of the ways you can make sure that the job you are applying for is legal, as well as the agency associated with it.
The POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration) is the only government agency mandated to monitor and regulate the activities of overseas employment contractors/agencies in the Philippines, which include any individual or company that recruits Filipino workers for employment abroad.
It also promotes the welfare of overseas Filipino workers, including helping them to become more competitive in the global job market.
Filipinos who want to check and verify the job orders can easily access the online service. The verification process only takes approximately a few minutes and you can check if the job order for a particular agency is valid or not.
What is Online Verification of Agency’s Job Orders?
The ‘Verification of Agency’s Job Orders’ is an online service offered by the POEA’s website to ensure the legitimacy of the job offered to you. The purpose of this service is to verify the job orders of the agency you have been applying for. After all, you do not want to apply for a job and then it turns out to be a scam!
It is important that you verify the job offers before you sign and send back the employment contract and hand over your documents. Verification of Agency’s Job Orders is simple; it only requires entering specific information of the recruitment agency or the job order.
The benefits you can gain from this online service are the following:
- Time and Energy saver
- Accessible at the comfort of your home
- Easy to access
To avail of this online service, you only need the following:
- Mobile phone or desktop
- Internet connection
This is open for all:
- Filipinos who are planning to work abroad
- Filipinos who are planning to work abroad but are doubtful about the work or job offer
- Whose family member or acquaintance are planning to work abroad but is not sure about the job offer
How to Verify Agency’s Job Orders via POEA
Below are the following steps for verifying the agency’s job order. Follow the steps below for easy navigation of the site.
1. Search for POEA’s website and click “Online Services”. A page will appear and select ‘Verification of Agency’s Job Orders’ among the online services. You can also click this link to redirect you to the website (https://www.poea.gov.ph/cgi-bin/JobVacancies/jobsMenu.asp).
2. A page will appear showing three choices of searching jobs. If you want to search for jobs by position, click the first link. If you want to search for jobs by country, click the second link. Lastly, if you want to search for jobs by agency, click the last link.
3. By selecting the first link which is ‘Search Available Job Orders by Position’, you will be redirected to a page in which you can encode the job position of your choice in the search toolbar. Then, select ‘ Sort by Date JO was Approved’. Hit ‘Submit’. You will be shown search results based on the data you entered.
4. By selecting the second link which is ‘ Search Available Job Orders by Country’, a page will appear in which you can select a country based on the choices. Select the country of your choice and hit ‘Submit’. You will be shown a list of jobs offered in your preferred country.
5. By clicking the third link which is ‘Search Available Job Orders by Agency’, you will be shown a page wherein you can choose your preferred POEA agency from the list given. Job orders available from the agency you selected will also be shown.
Video: Verification of Agency’s Job Orders
Here is a video as a guide for you if you are confused by the steps above.
The content of this video is the steps on how to search job order by position, country, and agency using a mobile phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have other inquiries about the verification of job orders, please check out the following FAQs for your reference.
1. How much is the fee for verifying job orders?
The verifying of job orders service is free of charge.
2. What should I do if the website glitches or is not working properly?
Try refreshing the page or you can close all your tabs and search again.
Finding a job can become a hassle especially if you are not sure if the job you are applying for is real. That is why verification of POEA’s Job Orders has an easy-to-navigate website that allows Filipinos to search for jobs and verify the legitimacy of the agency they are working with.
It is also time-consuming and expensive when done in person, counting posts hoping to get a job. Ensuring a job that is legal is also difficult these days since others can easily fabricate information.
A big thanks to POEA’s effort in making a website where everyone can check and confirm whether a job is legit or not. Verifying agency job orders online is a great help for the OFWs and will be a great help for those who wanted to be an OFW.