How to Search for DMW Jobs in South Korea

South Korea is known for its influence in the Philippines. This country is known for its K-drama and K-pop influence all over the world. Some Filipinos are fans of South Korea’s culture in which they dream to go to its country soon and become an OFW. Others pursued their dream of going to South Korea by having a vacation in that country. But to some average salary earners who are avid fans of the country, opted out of working in the country while enjoying their time immersed in South Korea’s culture.

Also Read: Top 10 Jobs for Filipinos in South Korea

Are you a Filipino aspiring to work in South Korea? If your answer is yes, read our guide on how to search for jobs for Filipinos in South Korea.

how to search for dmw jobs in south korea


Here are the following requirements to apply for and get a job in South Korea.

  • Proficiency Test/Preliminary Training (USD 24)
  • 45-hour Korean language and culture refresher course (Php 500)
  • PDOS and EPS Orientation (Free)
  • A re-medical examination is required (Php 1,500)
  • Processing Fee for DMW (USD 50)
  • Membership in the OWWA (USD 25)
  • Contribution to Pag-IBIG (Php 100 minimum)
  • Premium PhilHealth (Php 2,400)
  • VISA Charges (Php 3,000)
  • Airline tickets (Php 13,000 to Php 16,000)
  • Employment Certificate
  • Money To spend (USD 150)
  • Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
  • Passport (at least six months validity from the issuance date)
  • PSA Birth Certificate
  • High School and/or College Diploma (optional)
  • Professional License (optional)
  • Skills or trade test Certification (if any)
  • Marriage Certificate (if any)
  • Training Certificate
  • NBI Clearance /Police Clearance


A candidate must be between the ages of 18 and 38, have one (1) year of job experience, and be physically and intellectually healthy. He/she cannot have a record of a heinous criminal conviction or incarceration, nor can he/she have a record of deportation or departure orders from the Republic of Korea, nor can he/she be lawfully banned from entering the Philippines.

How to Search for DMW Jobs in South Korea

1. Know your Options

The job you might get in South Korea depends significantly on the options presented to you. Here are the options to apply for a job in South Korea.

Employment Permit System (EPS)

You must earn enough points to be considered for an EPS job. EPS select Filipino applicants using a point-based system based on their TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean), skills, and competency exams. These exams are held on a first-come, first-served basis, which means there is no set schedule. You’ll need to keep up with the latest developments on Korea’s EPS website or through DMW announcements. The registration procedure, as well as any additional requirements, are usually outlined in these announcements.

For your convenience, I’ve included a list of the most common requirements.

  • Between the ages of 18 and 38 (not exceeding 38 years old on test date)
  • Pre-employment Medical Exam (PEME) result from a DOH-accredited medical clinic completed registration form issued by DMW
  • School diploma (original and photocopy)
  • A valid passport and a photocopy
  • Original and photocopy of a valid NBI clearance
  • Korean Language Culture (KLC) training certificate in good standing.
  • When choosing a KLC training center, be cautious.
  • A warning has been issued by DMW about language center scams that promise a “sure pass” on TOPIK.
  • Experience is not required, but it will help you get more points.

After the test, you can look at DMW to find out who passed. After that, you will have to do anything else you need to do while you wait to be sent to South Korea.

DMW Website

You can find jobs that are available in DMW -accredited agencies by going to the DMW database. Research each job carefully so you know what to expect in terms of responsibilities, salary, and other aspects of the job. Once you are ready, submit your application to the agency. To search for jobs in South Korea using the DMW website, you may follow the steps below:

1. You may click this link ( ) to redirect you to the site or you can also search the keyword ‘DMW’ in your browser.

2. Then, this page will appear. Then, type in the search box ‘South Korea’. Make sure that you selected ‘Job Site from the drop-down selection on the left of the search box. Hit the Search button.’

3. You will be shown results of the search which includes the country (South Korea), job position and the agency.

Direct Hire

If you obtained a job through other means, you must work with DMW ‘s Direct Hire Assistance Division (DHAD) to be cleared to work in another country. Direct hiring is currently prohibited, so you’ll need DHAD’s help as well as coordination with your employer and a DMW -accredited agency to obtain clearance.

2. Do your best

After choosing from the options, there are steps you can take to improve your chances of landing a job.

These are some of them:

Examine the company and social media pages of your potential employer. You can learn more about their background, industry, and, most importantly, what they look for in a candidate.

Based on what you’ve learned about the company, tailor your resume and cover letter. This demonstrates that you put forth the effort.

If you are fluent in Korean, you may submit a resume in the South Korean format in addition to your English resume. Listen to Koreans speaking in both their native language and English to prepare for the interview.

This will assist you in acing any question-and-answer sections of the interview. You should also prepare any questions you may have in advance about the job.

3. Apply for a Work Visa

Once you have a written job offer, you can apply for a Korean work visa. How and what kind of job you got will determine what kind of visa you need to apply for. You can find a full list on the Korean Visa Portal, but the most common types of visas for Filipinos are:

Visa for Non-Professional Work

Most Filipinos who choose the EPS path will need to apply for this visa category. This category is further subdivided into visas tailored to the industry in which the EPS worker will be employed.

Manufacturing (E-9-1) – workers in the manufacturing industry are assigned to this classification.

Construction (E-9-2) – workers in the construction industry.

Agriculture (E-9-3) – assigned to agricultural or livestock workers.

Fishery(E-9-4) -Workers in the fishery, sea farming, and sea salt farming.

Construction (E-9-5)-waste processing, cold storage, collection, and press publishing.

Visa for Professionals

This is the type of visa that people who work through DMW -approved agencies or other job platforms will most likely need. The type of visa you’ll need is determined by your profession.

Some examples are as follows:

Professor (E-1) – for professionals working in education or research at post-secondary educational institutions.

Instructor of a Foreign Language (General) (E-2-1) – for people who will teach conversational language at a foreign language institute or a post-secondary educational institution.

Researcher (E-3) – for people who work in advanced industrial technology or natural sciences research and development.

Professional (E-5) – Engineers, lawyers, and accountants are examples of certified professionals.

Artist (E-6-1) – for those who make a living from music, fine arts, literature, acting, or other forms of professional entertainment.

Intra-Corporate Transfer

This visa category is for people who are employed locally by a company that has a branch or headquarters in South Korea to which they can transfer.

Intra-Company Transferee (Foreign Company) (D-7-1)– For people who have worked for at least one year at a foreign public institution, headquarters, or branch of a foreign company and are dispatched to affiliates, subsidiaries, or branches in the Republic of Korea in a field that requires expertise.

Requirements for getting a visa include the following:

  • Visa application form completed
  • Original employment certificate (you’ll need your employer’s assistance to obtain this)
  • Personal bank certificate, original
  • Bank statement 1 passport size photo original passport and photocopy of bio page
  • ITR photocopy or form 2316
  • A photocopy of your PRC or IBP card (if applicable)

4. Preparation for Going to South Korea

You can begin planning your move to South Korea after submitting your visa application. Some of the things you should do are as follows:

Complete your OFW requirements in the Philippines.

The OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate), PEOS (Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar) certificate, and PDOS (Pre-Department Orientation Seminar) certificate are the three documents you’ll need from the Philippine government. If you’re a direct-hire, this guide will walk you through the unique process of obtaining your OEC.

Convert enough PHP to Korean won (KRW) or US dollars.

When you arrive, the first thing you’ll need is money, either for food or transportation. If you can, find a way to access your money digitally.

Make your lodging arrangements ahead of time.

Finding a place to stay on the fly can be difficult, especially if you don’t want to pay for an expensive hotel room. So, do your homework and reserve a long-term residence ahead of time.

Learn to read, write, and communicate in Korean.

While you are in the country, learning the language will greatly improve your quality of life. You can also use apps like Naver Korean Dictionary, Google Translate, and Duolingo to translate and learn Korean at the same time.

Install apps that are specific to your location.

If you want to communicate easily with your peers, you’ll need Kakaotalk, Korea’s most popular messaging app. You should also download Subway Korea and Naver Maps to avoid getting lost.

Pack clothing for extremes of heat and cold.

South Korean weather is notoriously unpredictable, with cold winters reaching negative degrees and hot summers reaching the high 30s.

5. Arrival in South Korea

There are still a few things you need to prepare for and do once you arrive in South Korea. The following are some of them:

Obtain your residence permit.

It was previously known as the alien residence card, but in June 202021, it was renamed simply a residence card. Your residence card must be obtained within 90 days of your arrival22. To obtain it, you must first register online with Korea and then go to your district’s immigration office.

In Korea, open a bank account.

To open an account, go to a large bank’s tellers, such as KB Kookmin Bank or Shinhan Bank. Please keep in mind that you may need to bring your passport, residence card, employment certificate, and Korean phone number.

Obtain a T-money card.

This is a reloadable money card that can be used in Korea to pay for transportation. It can be used on buses, subways, taxis, and other public transportation.

Learn as much as you can about the laws and working culture in the area.

Did you know that working at locations other than your designated workplace can result in a fine? This also implies that you should not work for anyone else, even if your boss tells you to. Keep yourself informed so that you can protect yourself.

Reach out to Filipino communities and make an effort to blend in with the culture.

It is your responsibility as a foreign worker living in another country to find ways to socialize and have fun. It may be difficult at first, but you will eventually be able to find a place where you can fit in.

If you want to live in Korea permanently, look into the F-5 visa process.

The process for obtaining an F-5 permanent residency visa varies depending on the type of work visa you have. You may also need to apply for a long-term residency visa, such as an F-2-7 or F-2-99.

Video: Search for DMW Jobs in South Korea

Video Title: Factory worker in SOUTH KOREA: How to apply | Mga katanungan (FAQ) | EPS-TOPIK

YouTube Channel: Jundie Pijoto

This video will answer the frequently asked questions on how to apply for work in South Korea. This includes the requirements and qualifications to apply for EPS-Korea and questions and answers about the other factors that are considered in applying for work in South Korea.

Frequently Asked Questions

If there is some information you miss, here are some FAQs to help you out.

1. Do I need to have work experience to work in South Korea?

Yes and No. Yes, if it is a requirement set by the company and it is up to the agency whether they will require it or not.

2. Is it true that the minimum salary in South Korea is 70,000 pesos?

Yes, it is true but it will depend on the company that you will get into since some of the companies did not follow this rule. If underpaid, you can complain to the labor department about this.

3. Can I teach English in Korea without a degree?

TEFL certification is not required to teach in South Korea. The majority of jobs require a TEFL certificate, even if your degree is not in education or a closely related field.

4. Can I work in Korea without speaking Korean?

Foreigners will find it difficult to find entry-level work in Korea. Experience makes it easier to enter the Korean job market. Higher up the corporate ladder, more English is spoken.

5. Can a Filipino teach English in Korea?

Yes, there are Filipino professors in Korea. There’s also a respected Associate Professor of English at a Seoul university.


There are several ways that you can search for jobs in South Korea. How you go about searching depends on your style, so consider what is most comfortable for you before you start your search. There are many jobs available in South Korea and so is the pay. Just beware that you do not overstretch yourself because the competitive nature of this place will most probably get to you.

error: Content is protected !!