How to Search for POEA Jobs in United States (USA)

If you are looking for a job in the United States of America, your best bet is to search for POEA jobs. The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) is the government agency responsible for regulating and administering overseas employment programs of the Philippines. It also provides information and services to both Filipino workers seeking overseas work and foreign employers wishing to hire Filipino workers for overseas employment.

The best way to search for POEA jobs is through the official website of the agency. On their homepage, you will find a list of job vacancies posted by different employers, along with information about each posting. You can also search for postings by keyword or industry using the advanced search feature on the site’s search page.

Also Read: Top 10 Jobs for Filipinos in United States (USA)

The United States of America is known for its economic and military power. Aside from that, it is also known as the Center of Entertainment. America is a country everyone is dreaming about. Many people try their luck in the United States even though there is a lot of uncertainty. Working, getting a green card, and living in the US is the ultimate goal of some of Filipinos when going to America.

The United States has strict immigration policy but through effort and perseverance, you can pursue and make your dream a reality. So, if you are a Filipino wanting to work to America, then, read this article until the end.

how to search poea jobs in united states


Here are the requirements for searching and applying for POEA Jobs in America.

  • Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate (autheticated by NSO)
  • High School and/or College Diploma (High School diploma must be authenticated by the DepEd while the Colle diploma must be authenticated by CHED)
  • Certificates of Employment
  • Professional License (if any)
  • Skills or trade test Certification (if any)
  • Other documents such as marriage contract (for married female applicants), certificate from National Commission of Muslim Filipinos (for Muslim applicants)
  • Certificates of training
  • NBI Clearance or Police Clearance


To work in United States of America, you must need at least a high school diploma, training/skills certificate. You also need to be at least 18 years old to apply.

How to Search for POEA Jobs in America

Here is the comprehensive guide on how to search and apply for POEA Jobs in the US.

Step 1: Know your Visa Options

U.S. immigration law says you need the right visa depending on what kind of job you want to do while you’re in the country for the short term.

Here are the types of visas that can be availed by Filipinos.

An H-1B visa is needed if you are coming to the United States to work in a pre-arranged job. To be eligible, you must have a bachelor’s or higher degree in the field for which you want to work.

An H-2A visa lets U.S. businesses bring foreigners to the country to work in agriculture for a short time. File a Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker on their own. If you want to do agricultural work or services that are short-term or seasonal, you need to be classified as a nonimmigrant.

An H-2B visa is needed if you are coming to the United States to work in a job that is short-term or seasonal, like a farm. Your employer must get a Department of Labor certification that shows that there are no qualified U.S. workers who can do the job on which your petition is based.

The U.S. government needs an H-3 visa if you are coming to the country to get training from your employer. You can get paid for your training, and you can do “hands-on” work while you’re getting it done. This can’t be used for work and can’t be found in your home country.

Choose from the visas listed above depending on the type of job you wanted to apply for.

Step 2: Job Searching

Searching for Jobs in America is mostly done online. To help you search, here are the list of websites that can be used for job searching.


1. Click this link to redirect you on the site:

2. Then, this will show up. In the search bar, enter your desired job.

3. Then, a page will show up asking the location for the job you want to apply for. See the sample below.

4. Click ‘Find Jobs’ and you will be shown job listings for the specific job at the specific location.


POEA website

It is highly encouraged to search for jobs in this website since this is government-owned. The job listings are also updated. So, to search for POEA jobs in America. See the steps below.

1.  Search POEA in your available browser on your phone.

2. Click ‘Online Services’.

3. Under the Online Services, select ‘Verification of Agency’s Job Orders’.

4. You will be shown three choices for searching for Jobs. To search for the jobs on the county you wanted to apply, select ‘Search Available Job Orders’ by Country’.


5. Then, select United States. Click ‘Submit’.

6. You will be shown job listings in the US, along with the agency and the date job offer was approved.

Step 3: Prepare the needed document

Contact the agency, and confirm if the job offer is still available and active. Then, tell them that you wanted to apply. Ask them for the requirements needed to go to the US. Then, the agency will assist you in processing for job application to the US.

Wait for the employer to confirm your job application and if you are accepted, you can proceed to the next step.

Step 4: Apply for a USA Work Permit and Visa

After your job application has been confirmed, you must process for the visa and work permit. Since you are aiming to work in the US, you will process for non-immigrant visa.

Online Visa Application

1.  First, go to this website:

Access this website with Google Chrome or Firefox.

2. Select ‘DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application’.

3. Choose ‘Philippines, Manila’ since you are applying for US work from the Philippines. Enter the alphanumeric code shown under the location. This will search as a captcha to confirm that you are a real person, applying for a visa. Then, click ‘Start an Application’.

4. After submitting the form, you will be given an alphanumeric code starting with AA. Make sure to copy it.

5. Fill up the necessary information required by the website.


  • Alphanumeric code is the combination of numbers and letters.
  • The code that was given after submitting the application will expire in 10 to 20 minutes and the website will restart again. Make sure to get it.
  • Make sure that you remember all of the details you entered in the application since it will be asked in the interview.
  • Fill up the application form within 30 days after you have your code starting with AA.
  • Make sure that your social media accounts entered into the form are your original accounts.

Schedule an Appointment for an Interview

You need to schedule an interview. You will be interviewed and the decision for your visa application depends upon the interview. To start, follow the steps below.

1.  Click this link to redirect you on the site:

2. Scroll until you reach the bottom of the page. Select ‘Schedule an Appointment’.



3. Then, a page will appear. On the bottom part, select ‘New User’.

4. Create an account. Fill in the needed details.

5. Pay for the fee. You cannot schedule or set an appointment if you will not pay first.

6. After paying, you will go back to the website. Log in to your account, select location where you applied online for your visa. Choose ‘Philippines’. Then, click ‘Apply’.

7. Select your preferred date and time. Make sure you will be available in the date you scheduled for visa application interview.

Interview Process

Go to the Embassy of United States of America in Philippines.

It is located at 1201 Roxas Blvd, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila.

  1. Your biometrics will be captured.
  2. Then, you will fall in line to the Consulate.
  3. You will be called by the Consulate. The Consulate will be the one interviewing you for your visa application.
  4. After the interview, you will be given a paper. If you receive a pink paper, then, congratulations. Your application was approved. If yellow, you will be asked for some additional documents. If white, your application was denied.

Note: Non-immigrant visa applicants are encouraged to apply at least three (3) months in advance of the intended date of travel.


  • Be presentable and wear appropriate clothes.
  • Bring  two 2×2 pictures.
  • Prepare the invitation letter from your sponsor if you have one.
  • Prepare bank statement (case-to-case basis).

Step 5:Preparing to Work in the US

You should keep these in mind and do these things before going to America.

There is no need to leave the Philippines with a bad name. As even if you have a good job in America, you should not leave your current or last job in the Philippines on a bad note. By filing a formal resignation, you can leave in a good way. There may come a time when you need help from your old boss again.

Do it the legal way. If you are going to work in the United States, make sure that you have the correct and legal documents to do so. Your documents should be handled by the agency that helps people get jobs in other countries, the POEA and OWWA. When you are a legal OFW, you have more protection and can take advantage of things like not having to pay travel tax.

Be aware. The Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) is required for anyone who is hired by the POEA. This seminar is meant to help workers prepare for the new life they will have in a new country. Your application may have been handled by the same agency that also gives orientations to people who are going to be deployed. I think you should go to these lectures because they will give you an idea of what to expect when you go abroad. You will learn about the culture of the country, the cost of living, the work ethics, and more.

Take good care of your SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-Ibig Funds, and don’t forget about them. People who are a member of these get a lot of benefits from these. To become a member before you leave, fill out an application and try to keep it up even when you’re working in a different country! It’s important that you do this so that you have something to look forward to when you come back.

Step 6: Arrival in America

Bring your documents to USCIS.

(USCIS). Bring all relevant documentation. Present it to USCIS with the originals.

Identify your American contact. Any foreigner entering America must have a valid reason. So you must have a contact person in the US upon entrance. In an emergency, this is who will be contacted

Keep pirated goods in the Philippines. The US has severe anti-piracy laws, so don’t bring pirated DVDs, books, etc. with you. Customs officers may search your bags, and if they find any pirated goods, you will be in big trouble.

Honesty and courtesy will be valued. It is incredibly useful anywhere, especially when talking to an immigration inspector. Being honest and nice reduces scrutiny.

Step 7: Arrival and Working in US

Get an SSN (SSN). As soon as you arrive in America, apply for your Social Security Number (SSN). Never give out this number.

Getting an international driver’s license is pointless. It’s good for six months in America.

Don’t splurge on cards. Not only in the US, but globally as well. You may use it frequently because to the lower interest rates. Keep in mind your budget.

Questions are welcome. Speak out during orientation if you have concerns or questions. False pretenses and assumptions lead nowhere.

Discrimination is a sin. Let go of your prejudices. It’s a new culture. Don’t scoff at something you don’t comprehend. Similarly, respect and accept others for who they are.

Do extra work if you can. More work is acceptable if you can handle it. This demonstrates to management that you are a hard worker prepared to do extra effort. It will also aid future promotions.

Video: Search for POEA Jobs in America

This video tells about the process on how to get a USA visa, as well as the requirements and tips on how to get it.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here is the FAQs section to help you out.

1. Are Filipinos authorized to work in US?

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) declared last Friday that Filipino nationals are no longer eligible for temporary seasonal or agricultural work visas in the United States, citing concerns about high visa overstay rates and the likelihood of human trafficking as of 2019.

2. How hard is it for a Filipino to get a US visa?

A country must have a rate of visa application refusal of less than 2% to qualify. It’s roughly 30% in the Philippines.

3. How long can a Filipino stay in the US?

A customs officer will authorize you to stay in the United States for up to six months when you enter the country. You may be eligible to seek for a one-year extension if you’d like to stay longer.

4. How can I work in USA without work permit?

Only those with green cards, US citizenship, or certain types of work visas can work in the US without first obtaining an EAD (work permit), and only a few categories of people will be eligible for one.

5. How long can you stay in America with a work visa?

At first, no longer than a year is allowed, and most people only stay for six months. If your reasons are consistent with the terms and circumstances of your original status, you can seek for extensions of stay in six-month increments.


Hopefully you have already learned a few things today that you did not know before. All in all, good luck and best wishes to you. Your future begins with a  bright opportunity. If this is what you want, the important thing to remember is that it’s not impossible to still dream of an American dream.

error: Content is protected !!